Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sickly-sweet tones of a hopeless romantic

I'll just start this post off by expressing how happy I am that we will be watching this play. Mostly because I can see how fun a lot of this dialogue is going to be. It's just that it is so hard to read through all of these poems and letters that the men are writing!!! Ah, it's just too much!!!

So, finishing this play made me think: what do women really want when a guy comes to court them? Especially the ones in these plays--many of them seem to be wealthy and well-to-do. After all, if somebody wanted to make an impression on me, spouting poetry all day every day would lead me to the same fate as poor Katherine: killed by love.

Now, the ideal response to this question would definitely be to have all the girls who read this comment on what they (or their "friend") would most like to give the guys a better picture. Unless of course they do what this sickly-sweetness that I felt was overly-represented in this play. I don't know. I personally feel that such lines and phrases can be dynamite when used sparingly and in timely situations.

But, I guess I could share what I think girls want most. Correct me if I'm wrong.

1. Girls are crazy. Just don't even try to guess what they want.




But really. It sometimes is like that.





I guess, in general girls want someone they feel secure with, someone who always picks them up when they are down and makes them feel like they are someone others want to be like and be around (AKA the best thing in the guy's life is her), someone who will spoil her (is that just sometimes, or all time?), someone who helps her be her best, someone she is comfortable with, etc. Something like that, right?

Anyway, I just wanted to post about this today because I got so tired of the love poetry over and over and over and over and over and over and...kind of like you might already be tired of this repetitive sentence. :)

Anyway, what do all of you think? I do definitely want to have some comments on what people think about this, either on what girls (and guys for that matter) really look for, or what people thought about the poems and love letters in Love's Labour's Lost.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops. I didn't mean to do that. Here, now you can see my comment again.

    You should check out my post. It was inspired by this post of your's.
    http://ortonemily232.blogspot.com/2012/03/loves-actions-analyzed.html

    And to answer the question of what I am looking for... I'd have to say that it is someone I am comfortable being with. Someone I want to be with. Someone who likes me and all of my crazy antics. Someone with a car would be nice too...

    ReplyDelete