Thursday, January 5, 2012

It starts...

So, this semester I am taking a class on Shakespeare's works.  I'm really excited about it too.  I think it will be a very good counter-balance to my math-heavy schedule, and I've always enjoyed the stories in plays.  While I am by no means a thespian, it will be nice to discuss the plays that we either read or watch as a class, and it seems like it is really set up to have fun and enjoy the works of Shakespeare.  Again, this is a very nice change from many other classes that are set up with very specific goals.  Here, we get a lot more freedom.  It reminds me of a drawing class I took in high school: we listened to music, had flexible deadlines, and had a whole lot of fun.  I've also thought about how an attitude similar to this could really help a lot of students in math classes.  Whenever I feel uptight about something, I really lose desire to do any of the required work.

Anyway, that's just me kind of throwing in a few thoughts about this.  All in all, I really look forward to this experience and being able to learn more about Shakespeare's works, how to understand them, and then being able to better articulate my thoughts.

2 comments:

  1. I'm delighted to have someone from math in the class. You will provide a great perspective. Thanks for getting up and going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the freedom that we have in this class too. I think it will cultivate some really amazing ideas and projects for all of us to enjoy. :)

    ReplyDelete